Saturday 21 May 2016

1892 a good year? A concert

Cannington Music
The Parish Church of S. Mary the Virgin, Cannington, near Bridgwater

This is a painting I made a few years ago of my home in Bridgwater. 
It is called My house is a very nice house.


I have lived here now for twenty years and am very happy. It was built, by Pollards , in 1892 and, last year I realised how many other things I like also come from that era ( I was listening to a bit of Eric Satie at the time. ) and thought it might make the theme for a concert.

So here it is, a mélange of goodies, for piano and organ, originating in the last decade of the 19C. Some of them written in 1892 and some by composers who were born that year. I think you will find it an interesting and varied mix. It is fairly lighthearted and will range from “serious” music to ragtime and jazz. I should warn you – I shall sing!

This is another of our Sunday afternoon events It will be take about 45 minutes, no interval and. if I find the time. I shall bake some lemon Drizzle cake ( Chocolate cake as well.....?) to go with the tea we shall serve you afterwards.

Michael Martin, piano and organ
Sunday 29 May, 3.30pm. 2016     £5 at the door only

No comments:

Post a Comment