Tuesday 26 March 2013

April concert



On  Saturday 27th April 2013 we are holding our second event of the season











As I sailed by the Lowlands low

A musical entertainment given by Michael Martin,  Director of Music at the church, exploring some maybe unexpected  musical connections between  Britain and the Low Countries.

Sweelinck and John Bull, Purcell and Clarke.  Cesar Franck, Lemmens, some jazz, Mozart,  Flor  Peeters etc  and much more, including a few surprises.  I may even invite you to sing!

I will play piano, organ and synthesiser and perhaps even duet with myself, thanks to digital electronics; my laptop and tablet. I will have fun. I think you will too, if you come.  If you do it will help raise some of  the money needed for renovating the church organ.

Entrance  £8.00 (at the door only) will include refreshments during the interval.


No comments:

Post a Comment